Motor Vehicle

Automobile, truck, and trailer registration and title transfers are done in our office. Applications for handicap parking are available in our office. When these are completed by the doctor, they are returned to our office for issuance of handicap plates or placards.

Wood County residents can renew their vehicle registration online at to save $1. This online service is limited to vehicle owners who have received a registration renewal notice from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. Your vehicle registration may be renewed online 90 days before the expiration date or up to 9 months after the expiration date, if you have not received a citation for expired registration. Your expiration month will not change. Current liability insurance coverage is also required, and there cannot be any traffic warrants or other questionable notations on the motor vehicle record. Please have your vehicle inspected no more than 90 prior to vehicle registration expiration. For more information on the inspection and registration dates, please visit

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) offers a wide variety of specialized license plates. Customize your license plate, or choose from one of many license plates designed to pay tribute to the U.S. military, or express support for your special interest, favorite college, university, professional sports team, or other organization. Order your specialized license plates at any Wood County Tax Office. Visit the TxDMV website where you can see the variety of plates offered and the fees charged for each.

Parks and Wildlife

We also accept boat and motor title applications along with boat registration renewals. Please bring your payment in the form of cash, card, or cashier's check. We do not accept personal checks for Texas Parks and Wildlife transactions. Here is the link to Texas Parks and Wildlife for more information and forms.

Substation Information

We have three substations for the same transactions as shown above. They are in Mineola, Hawkins and Winnsboro.

716 Greenville Highway
(next to Country Barn #2 in JP #2 Office Building)
Phone: 903-569-6371
Hours: 8:30 - 12:00, 1:00 - 4:00 Monday - Friday

117 E. Blackbourn
(in JP #3 Office Building)
Phone: 903-769-4312
Hours: 8:45 - 12:00, 1:00 - 4:00, Tuesday and Thursday

1001 E. Coke Road
(in Sub-Courthouse)
Phone: 903-342-3325
Hours: 8:30 - 12:00, 1:00 - 4:00, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday

Motor Vehicle Forms

A wide variety of forms are required to process the various transactions involving vehicles. Visit the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to view or print some of the most commonly used forms.

Forms Specifically for Wood County

For more information about Motor Vehicles visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.